Notification of NTK’s Policies
Dear Parents and Students of NTK:
Please find below our current NTK policies.
- All materials used in lessons by NTK teachers and subsequently distributed to students (worksheets, textbook copies, other documents, etc.) remain the property of NTK Academic Group. Any reproduction, distribution or sharing with other parties without the express prior written consent of NTK Academic Group is strictly prohibited. Some courses may require an additional fee for the purchase of textbooks and/or other course materials.
- As employees of NTK, teachers can only teach and provide educational service at NTK Learning Center.
- NTK operates on a “first-come first-served” and confirmation-by-payment policy in allocating teaching schedules and reserves the right to release any reserved lessons that have only been verbally confirmed or have passed the confirmation deadline. Full payment must be received prior to the indicated deadline. All lesson enquiries and bookings should be made through the front desk.
- Lessons reserved with NTK are non-transferable. Once a student’s name is confirmed at the time of booking, only that student may attend the booked lessons. Trading or switching lessons with friends or family members is not permitted.
- Students are required to enrol in all lessons for the entire month or module, subject to the course type. We do not accept lesson by lesson booking. Mid-course enrolment is allowed provided that the student enrols in all the remaining lessons for the month or module.
- For same-month bookings, students must pay for all lessons no more than one working day after confirmation or two days before attending class (whichever occurs first).
- For bookings in subsequent months, lessons must be confirmed within three working days or not later than the 24th of the current month (whichever occurs first). Students must pay for all lessons no more than three working days after confirmation or two days before attending class (whichever occurs first).
For booking all types of lessons in subsequent months, regular timeslots will be reserved only if a student books at least three classes in the same month with the same timeslot. A surcharge of HK$200 is applied to all same-day bookings.
NTK is unable to provide a refund in any cases of overpayment. The extra credit can only be used towards payment for additional lessons in the same calendar month.
- NTK does not offer make-up classes or refunds for missed classes due to a student’s inability to attend for reasons such as school activities, field trips, sickness, or scheduling conflicts. Parents and students are responsible for checking their schedules carefully before signing up.
- Lesson rescheduling is granted only under the following conditions:
the rescheduling request is made at least 15 days before the lesson
the time, date and teacher of the rescheduled lesson is assigned by NTK (we will arrange an appropriate teacher of the same subject specialisation; we regret that rescheduling times will be limited and final)
if the course fees of the original lessons are more than that of the rescheduled lessons, the difference will be forfeited
final approval is based on Accounting and Management’s decision
- Diagnostic test fees will be rebated for students who book at least four lessons in the corresponding subject(s) up to one month after the diagnostic test date.
- Please double check your private group lesson bookings and ensure all students in the group lesson have paid and can attend the confirmed lessons. It is the responsibility of all students in the private group lesson to confirm and pay for the group lesson as a whole.
For students who have confirmed and paid for a private group lesson but one or more members of the private group does not pay/confirm on time, the paid student(s) must pay the price difference for the class change. Should the student(s) not pay the difference for this change of class status, the lesson will be forfeited.
- Assignments are an integral part of a student’s learning experience. Students are expected to complete all assignments, including assigned readings and homework. Parents are responsible for making sure the student completes all assignments at home.
- The teacher assigned to courses may be changed at the discretion of NTK.
- A progress report will be provided at the end of each term for students who attend four or more lessons. Any additional report or special request may be subject to an additional charge.
- All lessons at NTK will be cancelled upon the hoisting of a Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal of 8 or above, or if the Black Rainstorm Warning is raised. Classes will resume within two hours after the Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal is reduced to a lower signal or if the Black Rainstorm Warning is cancelled or replaced by the Amber or Red Rainstorm Warning during our opening hours. No make-up classes or refunds will be granted due to weather or other acts of nature beyond our control.
- If payment is not received, NTK cannot guarantee the availability of the lesson. Our current payment methods include:
- Visa / Mastercard / American Express
- NTK reserves the right to amend company policy and all terms and conditions without prior notice.
NTK Academic Group